POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Fountain : Re: Fountain Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fountain
From: Duncan Adamson
Date: 12 Mar 2001 05:09:56
Message: <3AACA073.9549050C@doc.ic.ac.uk>
The \"D\" wrote:

> Duncan Adamson <dja### [at] docicacuk> wrote in message
> > The \"D\" wrote:
> >
> > > Duncan Adamson <dja### [at] docicacuk> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Spiffy. How are you bounding the water?
> >
> > Water is
> >                     blue plane at y=-5
> >                     intersection{
> >                         a glass plane at y=-0.2
> >                         a prism in the shape of the inside of the fountain
> >                     }
> > Quite nice and simple
>
> Indeed. hmmm.... Do you think a similar technique will let me bound water in
> a bicubic patch fountain I made in spatch?
>
> --
> -The "D"
>     A Thunderstorm is God's way of telling you that you spend too much time
> on the
> computer
> Email address given is a spam catcher only

I have been playing with this all week but I don't know a lot about bicubic
patches.  However, so long as there are no problems with bicubic patches and
CSG there should be no problem.  Of course, you will need to know the shape of
the space your fountain is fitting into but hey, you designed it.

Let me know if you have any success - This could be useful for some ideas of my
own.

Duncan